1978 Chevrolet Corvette
Quantity in Lot:
|1 (View Details)|
|11/01/2012 12:00AM Eastern Time|
|11/05/2012 05:00PM Eastern Time|
This lot is closed.
|Rancho Cordova, CA|
Add to Watchlist
|Click here to ASK A QUESTION about this lot|
- Lot Details
- Event Details
- Contact Details
- Shipping Details
- Preview & Loadout
- Maps & Directions
Description:1978 Chevrolet Corvette, 7600 original miles on it and has been garaged number matching 350 engine and auto transmission and is fully loaded with grey interior, leather seats, and power windows. To mark the Corvette's silver anniversary, Chevrolet had the most significant redesign since 1968. The 1978 Corvette had new fastback rear styling, creating more passenger space and a larger rear window. The interior was also modernized, the speedometer and tachometer were redesigned in a new squarer more vertical style and a glove box was added. On the exterior, all 1978 Corvettes had a 25th Anniversary emblem. 1978 was not only Corvette's 25th birthday but also the first time they paced the Indy 500. To celebrate the event, Chevrolet built a series of pace car replicas. Chevrolet was extremely proud of the fact that as a pace car the Corvette was the first car to use a completely stock drive train, the first to be built from a one piece fiberglass body and the only pure two seater since before World War II. These pace car replicas had their own Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), separate from the standard Corvette, another first for the marque. The difference between the VIN number for the standard Corvette and pace car replica is in the eighth digit, the pace car replica has a 9, the Corvette a 4. As well as having their own identification, the pace car replicas had their own paint scheme which consisted of a two tone paint with a red stripe. The first 300 pace car replicas had tires specially made by Goodyear with 'Corvette' imprinted on the side. The extremely high demand for the pace car continually increased the quantity produced and in the end Chevrolet decided to build one for every Corvette dealer, a total of 6,502. Preview available by appointment only. Removal by appointment only Monday thru Thursday 7am to 4pm PT.
- Information contained in the Item Manifest is third-party information that has been provided by an additional source. This information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed by Government Liquidation. It is not intended to be used as the sole basis for bidding, and should not be taken in lieu of buyer's own due diligence.
- DLA Disposition Services Federal Condition Codes. Click on code for more information.
- FORMS OF PAYMENT: Acceptable forms of payment include PayPalTM, VisaTM, MastercardTM, American ExpressTM, cashier's check, money order, wire transfer and company check with a bank letter of guarantee. Please note that GL does not accept cash, ACH Deposits, personal checks or pre-paid debit cards.
If you choose a form of payment other than a credit card, the following information must accompany a letter of instruction:
Company name (if applicable)
Sales event number or contract number
Signature and date
The name and address on the Government Liquidation user account must match the name and billing address of the credit card used for the bidding and purchase, or the charge will be rejected.
ALL FUNDS MUST COME FROM THE REGISTRANT. GL WILL NOT ACCEPT THIRD PARTY FUNDS OF ANY KIND FOR ANY REASON.
You must make payment in full within 3 business days of the official invoice date unless otherwise stated. The date of the invoice is not counted as the first day for purposes of calculating the payment deadline.
Credit cards submitted online will automatically be charged the full amount of your purchase (including buyer's premium and taxes) the next business day after the sale closes, unless otherwise noted on our website and unless you contact us prior to the close of the sale.
Credit cards will not be accepted for any invoice in excess of $10,000; customers must submit payment via certified funds (i.e., wire transfer, cashier's check).
11167-A2 TRADE CENTER DRIVE
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
|Facility Manager:||Site Manager|
|Country of Origin:||US|
|Contact Phone:||1 (480) 367-1300|
|Approximate Lot Weight:||3500|
|Shipping QTY:||1 EA|
|Approximate Dim. or Lot Cube:||185" x 98" x 48"(L x W x H)|
|Shipping Info:||Click for more info|
Preview & Loadout
Contact the site within 10 days to schedule pickup. Standard GL procedures.
Maps & Directions
11167-A2 TRADE CENTER DRIVE
Rancho Cordova,CA 95670
Rancho Cordova,CA 95670
11167-A2 TRADE CENTER DRIVE,Rancho Cordova,CA
Non DLA Disposition Services Property:This lot is subject to specific Non DLA Disposition Services Property Terms & Conditions as described at:
- A 10% Buyer's Premium applies to this lot.
- Tax Forms for this State
- If applicable, please review the Licensing and Titling notice.
- For further assistance please review our Frequently Asked Questions.
- First time bidding? please review our Terms and Conditions.
- For more information on shipping these items, please click here.